Do you carry current or past wounds that you are ready to heal?
Are you feeling constantly triggered when you leave your home?
Is your body freezing or do you feel as if you are running away from situations?
Do you feel panicked or lonely because no one understands you?
Do you feel like you are losing family or friends as a result of your wounds?
Do you feel like you bother people because of your past?
The American Psychological Association defines trauma as the emotional response someone has to a significant negative event. The symptoms can be severe enough that it affects a person from living a functional life.
Trauma includes physical, sexual, emotional, and environmental.
Common symptoms of trauma:
- Poor concentration
- Racing heartbeat
- Mood Swings
Treatments for Trauma
- Prescription Drugs such as Zoloft, Prozac or Paxil: Helps to relieve symptoms, however does not address the root of the trauma and will not allow the brain to naturally heal.
- Traditional Counseling: Helps to talk to a professional about the trauma, however it can be very challenging to want to open up about the trauma in detail.
- EMDR: Helps to allow the brain to use it’s natural healing powers to move towards resolution. Click here to learn more about EMDR.
All three of these options have their pros and cons, however I would strongly recommend the last option EMDR. EMDR is a phased, focused approach that focuses on reconnecting to the images, self-thoughts, emotions and body sensations that are associated with the trauma. This allows a much better chance for the brain to use it’s own natural healing powers to move towards a resolution. This healing process can be facilitated through bilateral stimulation while re-experiencing the trauma within a safe environment.
As you read this, many mixed feelings can arise. If you have read all this information thus far, I can tell that you are ready to heal your wounds. Building an authentic relationship is the first of many steps in healing your wounds. I would like to build an authentic, trusting relationship with you to help you heal your wounds! Together we will explore what feels safe to you. This could include discussing family dynamics, learning Cognitive Behavioral Therapies, helping you build trusting relationships with the people in your life, practicing gradual exposure, and exercising grounding and mindfulness techniques. All of these tools will support you so that you can be your authentic self in your everyday life!
Your Journey Forward
When you reach out for your free initial consult, our relationship will begin to develop. We both will ask questions to get to know one another in a safe, non-judgmental environment. We will create this environment together! All the information you share with me is 100% confidential! During our consult, I will explain the counseling process to you and will encourage you to ask any questions that you may have
I want you to feel safe.
I want you to feel heard.
I want you to know that someone is listening.
I want you to feel empowered!
How does this sound to you so far?
If you decide that we are a great fit, we will continue to build our relationship on our therapy journey
Are You Ready to OWN Your Story?
Together we will engage in deep powerful conversations that will help you learn more about yourself than you may have known before! You will learn about your authentic self and all the strengths that you offer yourself and others. You will learn how to manage your triggers in a healthier manner, turn off that inner chatter that you may experience, and develop healthier relationships.
You Will Learn How To:
- Identify triggers to your trauma, anxiety, and depression
- Learn Cognitive Behavioral Techniques
- Establish thought-stopping techniques, self-talk techniques, self-rating probability, and identify rational versus irrational thoughts
- Develop an inner circle of trust
- Decrease symptoms of perfection
- Learn and implement boundaries
- Develop self-worth
- Exercise coping skills such as mindfulness, deep breathing, and yoga
- Establish inner peace and self-compassion
Healing the Root Cause and Transform Into Your Authentic Self.
Together we will engage in conversations that will allow us to discover the root cause of the pain that you have been experiencing.
- You will learn to love yourself
- You will gain a positive sense of self
- You will increase your self worth
- You will learn to recognize the difference between irrational and rational thoughts
- You will be able to identify your triggers to trauma, depression, and anxiety
- You will learn to identify and express your feelings
- You will learn that you are not alone in this process
- You will learn to trust yourself and others
- You will give yourself daily acts of kindness and self-compassion
- You will not let your wounds control you
This all starts with a phone call for your free consultation. I look forward to hearing from you. Please call me at 970-515-2052 or head to the contact me tab on this website to fill out the information for your free consult! I look forward to speaking with you. Remember, “You Are Good Enough.”
Mallorie Smolen LCSW