Housing Resources

House of Neighborly Services:

It can be challenging or impossible to focus on one’s own core mental health needs when struggling with financial stability. Ideally, both physical and mental health needs are met at the same time in order to provide safety needed to move in a healing direction. The House of Neighborly Services has resources and connections to assist those struggling in Larimer County with groceries (including food drop-off, if need-be), rental and utility assistance, stable housing, job coaching and employment. Additionally, life skills educational classes on topics such as parenting and cooking are also available (finance classes coming soon). Prescription assistance and gas/bus vouchers to get to medical appointments can also be requested.

To find out if you meet the income level requirements of these programs, please visit and/or call the phone number representing the city closest to you. If you do qualify based on income guidelines, please go in-person to your location during open hours to complete application for your household.

As of 6/7/21, the doors are open and ready for you to show up; please bring the following documents to complete application:
a. – Current Proof of Address: An official item that has been mailed to you within
the last 30 days; a rent receipt or a utility bill make good address proof
documents. Junk mail is not considered valid proof.
b. – Current Proof of Income: Includes any and all of the following that apply for all adults living in the household: pay stubs for the past 30 days, an award letter
from SS or SSI/SSD; if you are receiving financial assistance from other people or organizations to pay your expenses, an affidavit of income assistance will be
required and verified.
c. – Social security cards or birth certificates for each person in your household.
d. – A Photo ID for all adults receiving services.

No financial classes
9:00am to 4:00pm
1st Thursday of the month: Noon to 7:00pm
1511 E 11th St. Suite 100
Loveland, CO 80537

Tuesday and Thursday
9:00am to 4:00pm
1st Tuesday of the month: 9:00am to 7:00pm
375 Meadowlark Dr.
Berthoud, 80513

The Loveland Housing Authority (LHA)
– Scholarship funds for high school seniors and adults entering secondary education in order to provide assistance for folks to continue seeking an education.
– The Larimer Home Improvement Program offers 0-2% interest rate loans to income-qualified households looking to repair or improve their homes. LHIP is
focused on helping with maintenance, health & safety, handicap accessibility and energy efficiency related issues (Housing Quality Standard (HQS) failures).
Emergency grant assistance program is available for people who own and occupy their home and make no more than 50% of the area median income. This program does *not* reimburse owners for work already completed; please contact LHA for eligibility questions and application information.
– Section 8 Housing Applications can be found here:

Neighbor for Neighbor

Client Coordinator: 970-829-0296
First Month’s Rent Assistance:
– Complete a screening call by contacting the number above. Below is more information about this program:
Neighbor to Neighbor’s (N2N) First Month’s Rent Assistance Program assists homeless and near homeless households in Larimer County, Colorado to attain affordable, sustainable housing. N2N may be able to assist with up to $500 toward your first month’s rent.
Documentation N2N requires to provide assistance includes:
– Photo ID
– Verification that you are about to lose your housing or are currently homeless.
– An UNSIGNED lease for your new rental. Lease must be a minimum of 6 months.
– One month’s worth of most recent paystubs, or your most recent income verification statement.
One must qualify based on income eligibility requirements. Please either call the client coordinator number above or visit to see if you meet this criteria.

Utility Assistance:
If you are behind on utilities, but not rent you are still eligible to apply. If you already have a pending application for rent assistance, you do not need to complete a separate one for utility assistance.
To qualify for assistance, you must:
– have utility services set up through Fort Collins Utilities, Loveland Water and Power, Poudre Valley REA, or Xcel Energy
– Be unable to pay your utility bill because of impacts from COVID-19
– Be making 80% or less of Area Median Income
Call (303) 825-8750 if you have questions or need assistance.

Research was gathered by Drew Feldbaum (Intern at CSU)