Applying for Medicaid can feel like a daunting process, so here are some steps to help out:
- 1. Do I qualify?
– Log on to the following website to check income qualifications:
- 2. Where to go to apply? Several options:
– Create an online PEAK account or use guest portal and apply online: https://peak–
– Call 1-800-221-3943
– Go to local county office or application assistance site; can find location info here:
– Print application (can find on website above) and send in via mail.
- 3. Application requirements:
– Social security numbers for applicants who have them
– Immigration document numbers for non-citizens
– The name, address, contact info, and birth date for applicants
– Employer and income information for everyone in your household. Examples include
pay stubs or W2 forms.
– Other income information including Social Security Administration (SSA) or
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments and mentions
– Information and policy numbers for health insurance plans covering members of
your household, including Medicare.
- 4. Once accepted into Colorado’s Medicaid Program (also called Health First Colorado),
your regional organization can help you understand and manage your physical and
behavioral health benefits, help connect you to providers, and connect you with resources
for needs such as transportation, food assistance or other social services. Your regional
organization is listed on your enrollment letter from Health First Colorado Enrollment.
You can also find out your regional organization by calling: Health First Colorado
Enrollment at 303-839-2120, 1-888-367-6557 (outside of Denver), Monday-Friday,
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; State Relay: 711 for callers with hearing or speech